Secret Pens Feedback Forum

Top> Jocelyn Stewart / Chaisa> Poetry

By Kaas Baichtal on Tuesday, March 14, 2000 - 12:28 am: Edit Post

This thread is for feedback and discussion on the poetry by Chaisa.

Personally, I love the stuff. Particularly the first one.

By Chaisa on Tuesday, March 14, 2000 - 10:48 am: Edit Post

Here is something you might like to know. "There is No Need" and "Change" started out as the same poem. The break happened when I realized that although they could very well be about the same two people the cadence was very different. And then there were two.

By Kaas Baichtal on Tuesday, March 14, 2000 - 12:57 pm: Edit Post

LOL. I have a pair of stories like that (non S~G) I was telling my mother about something I was working on, and she said "this sounds like two completely different stories strung end to end". I was all... whoa.

By Eliza on Friday, March 17, 2000 - 5:32 pm: Edit Post

I love your poetry Chaisa, particularly "Change".

By Kaas Baichtal on Friday, March 17, 2000 - 5:40 pm: Edit Post

OK... "Little Heart Thief" replaces "Change" as my favorite.

By Jocelyn on Friday, March 17, 2000 - 7:07 pm: Edit Post

Children are as close as we come to seeing mutation in action. They carry our genes into the future. Through them we get to see if our genes will stand the test of time. A gift to stand.

By Anonymous on Friday, March 17, 2000 - 8:01 pm: Edit Post

Better and better! I can't wait until you write a sonnet.

By Kaas Baichtal on Monday, June 5, 2000 - 11:47 am: Edit Post

I LOL when I saw the title of the new page. Unwanted Poetry, indeed ;-)

By Jocelyn on Monday, June 5, 2000 - 1:09 pm: Edit Post

Well, they didn't seem to want it the first place I sent it.

>:~(

By Eliza on Monday, June 5, 2000 - 4:36 pm: Edit Post

Who didn't want them? I think they are very beautiful. I particularly like "Gen to Sime".

By Jocelyn on Monday, June 5, 2000 - 6:09 pm: Edit Post

Hi Eliza,

CZ. Need I say more?

By Kaas Baichtal on Monday, June 5, 2000 - 9:17 pm: Edit Post

Did I read correctly in the simegen-l archives that you are still being actively solicited to write a story for CZ, Jocelyn?

By Eliza on Tuesday, June 6, 2000 - 12:33 am: Edit Post

You mean you actually got a reply (even a negative one) from them? Zoe NEVER heard back about the stories that she sent them, except to say 1) that they were lost and could she send again and 2) that they were being looked at. And that was over a year ago.

So, feel honoured that you actually got acknowledged.

Actually, I still find it hard to believe that they turned them down, considering what they have printed in the past. Who do they think that they are? What right do they have to judge any fan work? Makes my blood boil.

And the poems are GOOD.

By Eliza on Tuesday, June 6, 2000 - 12:39 am: Edit Post

Actually, I'm glad that they refused them because then we get them in the SP's.

Keep writing for us, Jocelyn, we appreciate you!

By Jocelyn on Tuesday, June 6, 2000 - 10:30 am: Edit Post

Eliza,

They weren't refused just never posted. I figured that they just didn't want to tell me they didn't find them good enough. Nothing was posted for 6 months so now they're here.

So I suppose I am burning my bridges before crossing them.

By Jocelyn on Tuesday, June 6, 2000 - 10:36 am: Edit Post

Kaas,

If I am being solicited for a story it's news to me. I had started one but I was waiting to see if the poetry would every get posted. It never did. I also have no love of canon for its own sake. My stories would never have been acceptable to CZ anyway. While I will always be grateful to JL for creating S~G I never felt welcomed there.

By Kaas Baichtal on Tuesday, June 6, 2000 - 11:45 am: Edit Post

My mistake... it was Betsy Westphal.

By Jocelyn on Tuesday, June 6, 2000 - 2:37 pm: Edit Post

I would love to see it when she gets it done. I really like Betsy's stories.

By Eliza on Tuesday, June 6, 2000 - 4:26 pm: Edit Post

You wrote: "While I will always be grateful to JL for creating S~G I never felt welcomed there"

There is a lot of that going around.

By Jocelyn on Tuesday, June 6, 2000 - 8:34 pm: Edit Post

So I've seen.

By Kaas Baichtal on Tuesday, June 6, 2000 - 8:42 pm: Edit Post

Hmmm... can't say I ever felt unwelcome in the fandom itself, but I got sick of all the B.S.

By Mary Lou on Wednesday, June 7, 2000 - 8:01 am: Edit Post

Is there some easy way to either get rid of that mottled, cloudy background or to turn the text of the poems a color different from light lemon yellow? As it is, the text is illegible on my screen without squinting and dodging all around, and my neck can't handle that at the moment.

Thanks.

By Kaas Baichtal on Wednesday, June 7, 2000 - 11:49 am: Edit Post

Yeah the text color is awfully similar to the background.

By Jocelyn on Wednesday, June 7, 2000 - 4:16 pm: Edit Post

LOL!!!

OK!! For you Netscape types I will change my lovely background!! Y'all need to get a better browser -- say Internet Explorer...

Just kidding folks!!!!

I usually check it at work before posting because they use Netscape (AKA The "We hate graphics" browser) Sorry for the inconvenience. Me fix right away!!

:~)

By Jocelyn on Wednesday, June 7, 2000 - 4:37 pm: Edit Post

Mary Lou,

Can you see it now?

:-}

By Jocelyn on Wednesday, December 6, 2000 - 4:52 pm: Edit Post

Hi Folks,

If you click on the "Shiltpron" on the "Lali, As She Plays" page it will show you where to find the ancestor of the instrument.       8~}

By Kaas Baichtal on Thursday, December 7, 2000 - 12:04 pm: Edit Post

Oh, my. What an interesting... er... guitar? Heh heh heh. Up until now, the biggest and most ungainly acoustic guitar I'd ever seen was a C&W style acoustic bass guitar. But this tops that!

By Jocelyn on Friday, December 8, 2000 - 11:23 am: Edit Post

Hi Kass,

While I was looking for a "shiltpron" for this poem I found some truly amazing instruments and images. The most beautiful image I found was this one. You will have to scroll down a bit to see it but... Go take a peek.

By Jocelyn on Friday, December 8, 2000 - 7:16 pm: Edit Post

Oops! Sorry KAAS!

It's been one of those days!!!

By Dr Rahul Kamat on Wednesday, December 20, 2000 - 8:26 am: Edit Post

'Lali as she plays' is good and subtle.
For me she is the goddess in a state, intense burning but subdued which is a revelation to write about... but which is how women are!

By Ann Marie on Wednesday, December 20, 2000 - 12:11 pm: Edit Post

Very nice job, Chaisa,

I really enjoyed these. But then I love Blake.

Ann Marie

By Eliza on Tuesday, December 26, 2000 - 5:08 pm: Edit Post

I loved the design of the page! The poems are great too - the Sime on one side and the Gen on the other. I really enjoyed them both.

By Jocelyn on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 11:21 pm: Edit Post

By the way...

I just wanted to thank you all for your very encouraging comments!

I can't figure out which I am enjoying more, writing the poems or designing the pages. I suppose that if I didn't write the poetry I wouldn't have an excuse for creating the pages. Sounds like a circular argument. Hee, hee.

You all are the best! Thanks for reading them and commenting.

My first love is the music in the words. When it plays I can't help but listen. It is nice to have a safe place to play. So glad there is a Secret Pens!!

By Ann Marie on Saturday, March 3, 2001 - 7:30 pm: Edit Post

Hello Jocelyn,

I was so glad to see "Gold Weeks" and "Silver Days" go up on the Pens. Thank you, and I think they are really neat poems.

Ann Marie

By Jocelyn on Tuesday, March 6, 2001 - 10:13 pm: Edit Post

I just heard the poetry in your words. This poem was the result. I enjoyed creating the images almost as much as the poem itself.

By lali on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 8:08 am: Edit Post

Hello!!! my name is LALI and i came in contact with this poetry page almost by accident.
I think that this poem that has the same name as me is very nice and i like it very much please carry on writting like this

By Jocelyn on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 8:38 am: Edit Post

Hello Lali!

So glad you like it! I have to admit that it is one of my favorites, it's in the top two. The poem is about someone very special. Her name isn't Lali but it is similar. She inspired the poem because she does sit inside the music.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: