Secret Pens Feedback Forum

Top> Ann Marie Olson> Equal Partners

By Kaas Baichtal on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 4:35 am: Edit Post

This is an area for comments on Ann Marie Olson's Russian Sime~Gen story, Equal Partners.

By Jocelyn on Sunday, April 1, 2001 - 2:27 pm: Edit Post

Hi Ann Marie!

Love it!! I have to say my favorite part was the snowball fight. Living in the south I don't get snow that often (am I glad of that!!!) the picture of grown people playing in the snow makes me laugh hard.

On another tack though did Vanessa happen to pick up any extra abilities from her ascension? I mean if Miky gets lightening what does 'Nessa get? Just curious!

Can't wait for AB!!

And I just want you to know that I do appreciate the booster shots you give us so that we don't go too far into withdrawal before the next one. Or is that into need? Hmmm...

Keep 'um comin'!!!

Happy, greedy little me!! :o}

By Ann Marie on Sunday, April 1, 2001 - 5:53 pm: Edit Post

Hello Jocelyn,

I had fun with the snowball fight too. One of the things I love about the Russian Sime~Gen, is that no one is running around, constantly working their fool heads off. They have time to see their families, get into snowball fights, go swimming (now there's a story for another time. The summer swimming parties!) or even just sit around and enjoy the sunset. It actually takes years before Mikhail stops hitting the ground running everytime someone says boo.

Actually I never thought about Vanesa gaining much with her ascention. By Russian standards, the Tegue line is far stronger on the Gen side. Tegue Gens synergize their partner's abilities, and can use them. Mikhail can't command lightning on his own, but because of his bonding to Tzer, at a level only a Tegue Gen can reach, he can share Tzer's abilities.

Vanesa doesn't have that ability to share with her partner. She's definately Sime. Her children share in the synergistic effects of both extreme heterozygosity and Tegue crosses, but that's about it. Viasha is the one to watch out for in a few years, particularly as there is another strongly talented young Sharm Lord waiting in the wings. *evil grin*

Mostly Vanesa shares the baseline abilities of all Lords, to be able to generally pick up words and images as well as zlin, to mind speak, and quite likely a touch of precog, similar to Sergei's but applicable to trade, not healing. This isn't something anyone else is going to see unless they are looking for this effect. (And Diomid isn't saying a thing! Stubborn Gen. He's snorting at me. Well, there is a lot of similarity between Sergei and Tegue. Diomid's now giving me a very dirty look. There is!)

And as long as you folks are enjoying the stories, I'll keep writing 'em. Particularly the little ones like this piece, which are pure fun for me. They keep me bright eyed and bushy tailed when I'm sick to death of editing yet another novel and want to pack it all in so I don't have to edit anything else.

Ann Marie

By Kaas Baichtal on Sunday, April 15, 2001 - 2:39 pm: Edit Post

As usual I become lost and bewildered when the flirtation part began. Shen knows how much flirtation I have been oblivious to in real life...? Anyway I very much enjoyed the first bit with the sewing of the kador. Particularly the "little clucking noises"... heh heh.

By jill jones on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 8:49 am: Edit Post

ann-marie,
I don't know if you still check here. This is Jill in San Diego; I tried calling you and your Sacramento number isn't active anymore. Could you please e-mail me when you get a chance? hope all is well.

Jill

By Kaas Baichtal on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 9:14 pm: Edit Post

She moved to Baltimore but I don't know any more than that... haven't heard from her in a long time.

By Kaires on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 9:40 am: Edit Post

I 'talked' to her in late March, right after she moved.

I forwarded Jill's message to the address I _think_ I used then.

It didn't bounce. So contact may have been made. Hope so.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: