Secret Pens Feedback Forum

Top> GENERAL> Contributor Resources

•  Making Links to Feedback Forum 1 posts as of December 31, 2009 8:47 pm •  Making Your Page "Search Results Friendly" 4 posts as of August 20, 2001 3:42 pm •  FTP Help

By Kaas Baichtal on Wednesday, April 12, 2000 - 9:52 pm: Edit Post

I do plan to add HTML help, Real Soon Now.

By Jocelyn on Wednesday, November 8, 2000 - 8:35 pm: Edit Post

Hey gang, any body out there afraid of HTML? Would you contribute your work to the Pens if you just knew how to do that HTML thing? Are you embarrassed to admit that you don't know how to HTML (hee, hee so was I! )?

Well, have I got a site for you! Just click here and go to Page Tutor.com. There is something for everyone there! The best online HTML tutorial I have seen yet. Great for beginners with some tips and tricks for you old pros, not to mention links to some very useful FREE stuff. One of the links is to a free HTML editor that lets you drag and drop the HTML commands from a convenient window right on the screen!

Still a little worried about getting it done? Well feel free to e-mail me. I am no expert but between the two of us we can surely figure it out!

Why am I telling you this? Because I am greedy!!!! But you know that! I want more stories -- nay, I NEED more stories! And I will do whatever it takes to get them!! So PLEASE help out Greedy Li'l Ol' Me and have some fun and learn a marketable skill too!

PS: Kaas, I finally learned how to use Cute FTP!! I can now up load with the best of 'em.----- B-)

By Jocelyn on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 2:38 pm: Edit Post

Oh, by the way, folks!

My e-mail address is:
TrinOren@aol.com. Knew I had forgotten something!

Hee, hee! :o>

By Bill Witte on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 2:32 pm: Edit Post

Does FTP do bit parity checking when it transfers files? I appreciate the help!

By Kaas Baichtal on Saturday, September 29, 2001 - 4:26 pm: Edit Post

I do not know the answer to that (maybe because I've never written an FTP client or server from scratch!) but the answer may be in the FTP protocol specification. A copy can be found at http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc959/6_State.html. Good luck, and sorry I couldn't be of more specific help.

By Jocelyn on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 7:50 pm: Edit Post

Hi Bill,

I'm sure Kaas has already given you what you require but when I saw your note the other day I started picking at my sluggish brain trying to remember where I had seen this article.

I was flipping around through some stuff and I found this site. I don't know if it will have what you are looking for but it is a Request For Comments article on FTP. Any hoo here's the link.

http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/cgi-bin/rfc/rfc2228.html

Happy hunting!!

By Adelaide on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 12:39 pm: Edit Post

I've been reading about every thing on secretpens and would very much like to contribute now. I've no problem with html but I don't want to touch AOL (even with a 10 foot pole). Is there any way around it?

By Kaas Baichtal on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 1:41 pm: Edit Post

Hi and welcome! To contribute to the Pens you just need to FTP your stuff to the server. (After you've obtained an account of course.) If you don't know what FTP is or don't have an FTP client, there's some help for that at http://www.secretpens.org/ftphelp.html.

Don't worry, the AOL-specific help is for AOL users only. It doesn't apply to anybody else.

Feel free to email me if you still have questions after reading the help file.

By Kaas Baichtal on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 5:52 pm: Edit Post

I added a direct link to the FTP help file up above.

By Kaas Baichtal on Sunday, September 3, 2006 - 1:43 am: Edit Post

I'm sorry this became neccessary, but it is no longer possible to post messages using words pertaining to erm... certain Ancient games of chance on this forum. This is due to repeated abuse by advertisers, and my being sick of deleting said advertisements. I hope this doesn't cramp anybody's style who is an actual Sime~Gen fan!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: